United with Christ in Death and Resurrection like His

 🛐 *DAILY PORTAL'S INSPIRATION 160422* ✨🔥


📖📖📖

 _"For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his." (Romans 6:5)_ 


📍 *United with Christ in Death and Resurrection like His*📍


✍️

This is exactly what discipleship process is expected to produce in the life of a believer. Christ emphasized the bearing of the cross by every individual, who decides to follow Him. 'Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.' (Matthew  16:24). 


This is a spiritual process, it's not a physical cross that He is talking about here. It is the willingness to die to selfish ambition and  desires. The way to be united in a death like His, is following in the path of discipleship. The climax of his death was the point of total surrender to the will of the Father, even when it meant dying a shameful death of the cross. 'He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.' (Matt. 26:42).


The condition to be united in the resurrection like His, is to have been united with Him in a death like His. Dying to self will and allowing the will of God to prevail in our lives. "And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me." (Matthew  10:38). 


🙏PRAYER

Heavenly Father, I glorify your name and worship your majesty. I yield up myself to be united with Christ in death and resurrection like His for your glory, in Jesus name. Amen! 


©️ Living Oracles Media

Email: edeninternational2020@gmail.com

Comments